Take a trip around the Royal Doulton Pottery in Burslem and see artistry in action.
To take advantage of all the benefits of membership write for an application form to Royal Doulton International Collectors' Club at U. Branch, Minton House, London Road, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 7QD, Telephone (0782) 744766 or to the appropriate address shown below.Members are kept up to date on collecting matters by mailings.Four times a year you will receive the well illustrated Club magazine, full of articles and news concerning Royal Doulton wares past and present.The business specialised in making stoneware articles, including decorative bottles and salt glaze sewer pipes. The first to be engaged was George Tinworth followed by artists such as the Barlow family (Florence, Hannah, and Arthur), Frank Butler, Mark Marshall and Eliza Simmance.In 1882, Doulton purchased the small factory of Pinder, Bourne & Co, at Nile Street in Burslem, Staffordshire, which placed Doulton in the region known as The Potteries. Alban's Church was built in Copenhagen, Denmark, in 1887 with Alexandra, Princess of Wales as one of the driving forces, Doulton donated and manufactured an altarpiece, a pulpit and a font.